Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Triple Play

I am now officially short MAXY, GERN, and PALM. All three met my strategy's criteria, and after having posted about each (except for GERN, which I had on my Stock Status's 'Mission Briefing' watchlist), I'm pleased with my initial entries. I had off this morning, and was ready with reserved shares for both PALM and GERN by market open (compliments of Think or Swim). I'll skip any rationale on MAXY, since those of you following this blog know I've been short about a month. As for PALM (which happened to be my first short of the day), all you pretty much have to do is look at this 1 year chart:


Sure, it may go higher in the near future (which is why I eased in with 100 shares), but I doubt the 'PRE' phone is enough to sustain this quick rise from the $1's. I know I said I could care less about the fundamentals, but this really isn't a true penny stock- it's the company that brought us the Palm pilot. Regardless, it's either consolidating or losing steam (volume leans toward the latter). Now that this account is on Covestor, you'll be able to watch the outcome. Since I don't plan on selling (aka 'covering') for a loss, this could be a wild ride!

Last but not least...GERN! This stem cell play gave me the perfect entrance on it's midday spike. I shorted at 7.96 and already have a decent profit on my 200 shares. If I listened to some of the posts (pumpers galore) on Yahoo! Finance message boards, I'd be freaking out! There's a reason most financial sites claim to be 'For entertainment purposes only':) Does this 1 year chart look familiar?
If you're a trader, and haven't opened a Covestor account yet- do it! It makes posting sooo much easier, knowing you don't have to take screenshots of your positions (like I did numerous times last month) for people to believe you. Thanks for annoying me enough, Tim:)

Happy transparent trading,

Evan

3 comments:

Charlie G. said...

Happy shorting! Hey on your Mission in Progress tab on the right you should put your entry price @ $ for each stock so those following you can see how things are going quickly.

islandminister said...

Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the suggestion Charlie!

Charlie G. said...

Ah, can I borrow $50 too? Ha, thanks. MAXY is sure being a persistent pain staying up there.

Post a Comment