Friday, February 13, 2009

Mission Accomplished: GERN

It's a shame my Covestor widget (right hand side of page) hasn't updated yet. I'm at all-time highs (yeah, what is this- my first week active?)! We'll start with GERN, the stem cell stock I admitted to being a bit leary of after reading Yahoo! Finance message boards. Seriously, pick any stock I'm short, pull it up on Yahoo! Finance, and enjoy the ridiculous pumping and bashing that goes on 24/7! I'll always try to post a chart of my completed shorts, though the longer it takes to cover, the less detail online charts will show.

In other news, I bit the bullet and sold 3,000 of my 5,000 shares of SIRI. If it goes to the moon (like you'll see repeatedly in Yahoo! posts) I'll do alright, but if it goes belly up (probably 7 out of 10 posts on Yahoo!), I'll survive. I'm banking on these shorts for the time being, and my strategy was quite profitable again today. Enjoy the weekend and check out my Covestor account Sunday-ish (it should be updated by then and you'll be able to see my trade prices if you're a member- which is FREE!)

O.K. with two 'Not-So-Volatile' Days (hopefully),

Evan

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Nice trade there. GERN has been a fun one thats for sure. Good luck on SIRI!

Bryan/Taba/bmon

Anonymous said...

Hi Evan,

Just a quick update for you we are investigating the widget update delays and hope to have the issue resolve in the coming week. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Blain (Covestor Staff)

Post a Comment