Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Double Dipping ANDS

*Trade Update Posted In Comments*

I have successfully implemented my strategy on ANDS. You may have read this post last week, and know that this is my second short of ANDS. It really is a beautiful thing to not only stick to a strategy, but profit from it when you follow your rules! ANDS met all the criteria I look for. Yesterday was it's first down day, so I shorted 150 shares at 7.34 near market open. This trade (and all others) are verifiable here, on my Covestor fact sheet. I'm still short ANDS for three reasons: 1. It continued to downtrend all day (Never really gave me a need to cover), 2. I'm not trading with 'scared money', and 3. I'm still subject to the PDT Rule, and didn't want to use up a daytrade (already used one on ANDS within this trading week). Below is the detailed chart of ANDS, showing my entries and exits so far (I will be home for market open tomorrow, and will look to cover if it doesn't continue it's slow death):


ZN has officially gone Supernova! This stock is highly illiquid, a low floater, and hard to borrow (I know, I couldn't find shares today with Think or Swim). This looks so much like NTIC (formerly NTI) from last year it's not funny. If it keeps going, think MXC and PDO (also small Oil companies).



We Shall See,

Evan

2 comments:

islandminister said...

By 9:50am this morning (2/25), I had covered my 150 shares of ANDS @ 6.53 (when it started to correct after the morning tank). With earnings out tomorrow, I wouldn't be caught long or short overnight.

sJ said...

no shorts available for ZN..sad...

crazy down move...

Post a Comment