Friday, January 30, 2009

Watching Paint Dry

In case you're wondering, I'm still short 300 Shares of MAXY (and still have my GTC order to cover 200 shares at 7.90). It is down trending nicely (even if it's slooooow). There are a couple 'bearish' technical indicators that look promising at this point. I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and explain technical analysis on this blog (and don't have the time or the energy), so I'll just use links to the terms I'm referring to and charts to better illustrate my theories ('theories' meaning that I welcome other opinions). Below is a chart taken from Yahoo! Finance and given the once-over in Microsoft Paint. I've only added black lines to show the first bearish indicator of 'down trending' (when a stock makes lower highs and lower lows). The second indicator is MACD. You'll notice, if you click here and read the Wikipedia definition, that when the MACD goes below zero, it is a bearish signal. This seems to be about to happen to MAXY even though the price has held it's ground.



GERN is my next target, thanks to TIM for bringing this stock to my attention. Stem cell stocks are 'in play' right now (meaning this sector is pretty much en fuego, being both volatile in price action and volume). It reminds my of the late '90s tech boom, when every company (penny stock or not) associated with the Internet was blowing up (as detailed in Timothy Syke's book- An American Hedge Fund). Thanks to the new Obama Nation (abomination?), stem cell research has been given the green light. I would love to see a true 'Supernova' (see last year's stocks PDO and MXC for supernova-type price action) come out of this new 'gold rush'.


Happy prospecting,

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment