Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MAXY PAYNE

Since Max Payne (the movie, starring 'Marky Mark' Wahlberg, adapted from a popular video game series) was released this Tuesday, I thought it only fitting to tie it to this post. Below (left)
is a perfect representation of the scowl I had today while viewing MAXY's chart (right).

I was working during market open (as usual), and failed to see MAXY trading under $8. When I texted my Mom (because my brother-in-law is traipsing around Jamaica on his honeymoon) at 10:10am and asked "Maxy tankin' yet?", she responded with "8.19" at 10:30am. Great, I'm thinking- it's gonna test $8 again, and this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Little did I know, MAXY had opened under $8!
Low of the morning shows $7.77. I would have loved to have been alerted (better yet at home with my finger on the 'trade trigger') when it was under $8. I would have probably covered the same 100 shares I've been profiting on while MAXY decides when she'll crack- but alas, in light of Sir Tim's 'transparency' post, who knows what I would have done. That's all 'woulda, should, coulda' talkin'. I do know this- I've placed a GTC (Good Til Cancelled) order on Think or Swim to cover (buy) 100 shares with a limit price of $7.90 (just in case it breaks $8 again in the near future and I'm not able to witness it).

I'm still completely at ease with my outlook and forecast for MAXY, I'm just wishing I could have ridden the 100 shares for another round. I need to seriously start thinking about buying an iPhone so I can use the Think or Swim application ThinkPod on my lunch breaks.
Charlie G.
alerted me to this (potentially $200) idea. I guess surrendering to Apple is inevitable, like MAXY's test of $8 this morning. Scowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment