Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Stress Tests are Fudge Tests", and I've Got a Margin Call

Here's the titular article- it's by Dr. Doom himself, and definitely worth a read before tomorrow's open! So I was early in my initial shortings of PALM and LULU. Wait, "strike that...reverse it" (Willy Wonka). I was not only early, but currently look like an absolute moron for not cutting my losses. My 'Bear Market Rally' convictions still hold (and growing ever stronger as this V-shape recovery pushes higher). There are few, at this point (especially in the media- big surprise), that share my sentiments. Tomorrow is key. Financials under the spotlight. The account I'm trading is at Defcon-1. My kung-fu grip is in it's last, white-knuckle effort.

Inadvertently becoming Livermore,

Evan

3 comments:

Charlie G. said...

ouch, it looks like LULU is the one causing the most pain. sorry to see it.

i know the bears at x-trends blog think s&p will range between from 860 to 790 until tech earnings come out.

hope it works out.

Erich said...

I think FAZ may be starting to come around. I still think the banks aren't out of their rough patch yet! Keep reviewing why you're in your trades... if you still believe in the price movement in the direction you want, then stick with them!

islandminister said...

Charlie- yeah. Thankfully, some of the pain subsided today as LULU began falling back to earth.

Erich- rest assured, I still have the same convictions about all my positions (and will hold). I just need to focus more on my entries- would have saved a good bit of stress and $.

Post a Comment