Saturday, April 11, 2009

Here, Let Me Help You With the Long Weekend

So, if I had gone long the two stocks I shorted on Wednesday (LULU and PALM)- I'd be sittin' pretty. On the other hand, it would make it look like swing trading is easy (on nerves, trading accounts, etc.), and totally nullify the title of my last post. Instead of harping on the fact that, because of my current swing positions, I've fallen out of the top 100 Covestor rankings- I've decided to post a few items that have definitely taken my mind off of such things:

1. I signed up on Scribd in order to enter a contest, and found this gem: Why I Fired My Secretary Today

2. No need to explain this one- just watch and repeat (and you're sure to forward it to your loved ones;) Huge Dead Snake

Here's one you don't have to click on a link for:

A woman got on a bus holding a baby. The bus driver said, "That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!"

In a huff, the woman slammed her fare into the fare box and took an aisle seat near the rear of the bus. The man seated next to her sensed that she was agitated and asked her what was wrong. "The bus driver insulted me," she fumed.

The man sympathized with her and said, "Why, he's a public servant and shouldn't say things to insult passengers."

"You're right," she said. "I think I'll go back up there and give him a piece of my mind."

"That's a good idea," the man said. "Here, let me hold your monkey."

Happy Easter!!! He Is Risen (well, technically not til tomorrow- even more technically, it happened about 2000 years ago),

Evan

2 comments:

Erich said...

Man, FAZ is not being your friend! I think with time tho, we will see financials hurting again IMO. I keep reading articles by people saying that there's a lot of stuff on their books that will still hurt them (derivatives!).

islandminister said...

Yeah, despite the 'decay' in FAZ, it should be fine once this bear rally (imo) turns around. With the uptick rule being pretty much the last major bucket of water for the financial fire, things could get ugly this summer. "Sell in May and stay away" rings a bell- not to mention earnings won't look pretty. We'll just have to see how much is priced in already. Happy Easter!

Post a Comment