Friday, April 3, 2009

Mission Accomplished: MAXY

Yes, you read that right! I've finally decided to cover the last 100 shares of Maxy that I've held short for months. This is bitter sweet, since I was pretty much forced to cover due to a (please don't kill me) margin call (I'm wilting as I type while I await your berating). Yep, folks- I zigged when I should have zagged. My two shorts (LULU and PALM) have laughed at me since Wednesday (which happened to be my one morning off this week- what do you think, was I thrill trading?) My reasons for shorting these two still hold- though my timing (early as usual) was clearly off. As for my dear old friend MAXY, here's the chart that details my second biggest gainer since using my strategy (that I desperately need to stick to):

After all was said and done, my total profit from MAXY was $398.07 ($55 in commissions for all those 100 share trades). I started to show all my entries and exits on the chart above, but there's no way (it would drive me insane- there were 11 different trades). If you're interested, just type MAXY in the search bar at the upper left of this blog. Scroll aaaallll the way down to start at the beginning.

As for LULU, I was early, but the lack of pretty much any news (combined with the fading volume and nice, bearish candle that just showed up) calms my trader mind. The chart below is courtesy of Stocktwits:


Reaching for a huge gap-down Monday,

Evan (aka islandminister)

2 comments:

Charlie G. said...

You may be right, I may have sold my FAZ too early!

Being down in premarket (Tuesday morning), or in FAZs case, hasn't mean much lately (last 3-4 weeks), most of the time just oversold conditions for the market to rally off of.

islandminister said...

Hey Charlie- earnings season (coupled with this current market) is making it near impossible to swing trade with any sort of real confidence. How was your behavior chain today?

Post a Comment