Tuesday, March 24, 2009

End of Rally?

I don't know. You don't know. I wish I knew. All I can say is- I've prepared for a correction/retracement/dive, etc. Yesterday, at market close (which was perfect timing but only because I had no choice), I sold all of the mutual funds in my 401k and transferred the money into a safer, bond fund. I plan to buy back the exact mix of funds if the DOW dips below 6,500 in the next month. If that doesn't happen- I'm wrong, but 'missed money is still better than lost money'. Also, if we don't correct soon, you can throw RSI's usefullness out the window (cuz we've just entered 'overbought' territory):


As for the Think or Swim account tied to my Covestor ID, I'm also preparing for the end of (imo) the bear market rally. I averaged up my PALM short today, adding 100 shares at 8.81. I'm also long 25 shares of my friend FAZ (avg. about 25.75ish). Forgive me for not updating the avg. prices on the right hand side lately. Knowing that Covestor verifies every trade has made me a bit lazy- I'll try to do better.

In case you're worried that I've stopped posting/trading/reading the Yahoo! Finance boards, etc.- Have no fear! I've been keeping up with all of that and then some. I've decided to build a webpage that focuses on why I trade. Yeah, the 'Mission Trip' part. Mission-trading.com is my new project (like I need one- and be kind, it's not completely finished). The blog you're reading is pretty much 99% about the 'trading' part (and will continue to be so), but fails to expound on the reason I trade. I'm not saying mission-trading.com will be 99% about missions, but it will certainly bring to light the connection between the two passions that drive me.

Hoping the country and my shorts somehow thrive,

Evan

3 comments:

Charlie G. said...

Good luck and god bless.

The new site looks great.

Hey, can you put on a losing trade so us mere humans won't fell so upstaged by James Bond of the trading blogosphere!

islandminister said...

:) Nice. Well, hopefully you won't get your wish- but the PALM/DELL rumor isn't helping any. Btw, what are we doing up this late?

Charlie G. said...

Yeah, I'm an old man. Couldn't sleep, lots of work projects (plus want to get some trading in this morning) and a cranky baby...and wanted to check out Jimmy Fallen's new show, only have seen it a couple times.

All we need is a minor loss, even single digits (you know I'm just kidding!).

Post a Comment