Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I'm wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

   My goal for this blog is simple: Journal my adventure in funding a trading account, in which I will eventually be able to bypass the PDT Rule, while successfully funding short-term youth mission trips. Though funding an account is definitely not a new concept or endeavor that countless have tried, I've yet to see a blog detailing how one's profits have benefitted others by way of ministry.

   Apart from trading, I've been involved in another kind of investing- real estate. At the time of this post, I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone about the less-than-stellar returns in real estate over the past few years. Having used funds from my trading account to buy various properties, I no longer have any left to fuel my two passions: Missions and the Market. I will have much more detailed posts in the near future on everything from my likes and dislikes regarding online trading sites (have personally used TD Ameritrade and Think or Swim) and lessons on trading (ie. shorting, penny stocks, options, etc.), to choosing the next country I plan to take youth for a cross-cultural experience. 
   
   Since an extreme few know me in the trading world, this post (though my blog's first) will undoubtedly be unread and probably not referred to in the future. Welcome to humble beginnings. I had planned to start posting Jan. 1st, but alas- my excitement over following my life in trades and travel got the better of me (could have said 'impatience'). I'm also using this post to learn the basics of Blogger and Google's Adsense. Though I'm currently in the design phase of this site, I welcome any questions you may have about me in general, my trading and/or mission experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment