Monday, January 12, 2009

Mission Accomplished: HSNI

I've completely closed my HSNI short by covering the last 50 shares at $4.84. Below is a screenshot from Think or Swim showing the exact time of my fill, as well as the total P/L (profit/loss) for HSNI and running P/L for my short-in-progress MAXY.


I have to say, this stock couldn't have reacted more perfectly. Here is the progression from rise to fall (feel free to click here to follow along with the 3 month, Yahoo! chart):


1. Stock had dropped to $1.50ish in early Dec. (just a bit over a month ago)
2. After breaking out of numerous resistance ceiling's (mostly around the $4 range), volume spikes (and no doubt some short-covering) helped to push this over $6 (enter my initial short), then $7.
3. Volume began to fade along with the stock price.


This one really was that simple. I documented my thoughts all along the way with this blog, even saying that I would cover in the upper $4s. I was surprised it happened as quickly as it did, but said all along it was inevitable. After commissions ($45) my total profit for HSNI was $403.52. Not bad for two weeks and what I'd call a no-brainer play. Below is an example of a 5-day chart any short loves to see.






Thus concludes my celebrating. I'm out to find the next short (Thanks to TIM for finding HSNI) while waiting for MAXY to fall. I'd love to hear any thoughts, critiques, and/or questions on this trade.



Thrilled at my strategy's first big confirmation,



Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment